Vidyo.io Service DescriptionSummary
Vidyo.io is Vidyo’s premier video collaboration API platform-as-a-service, offered with a global footprint. Developers are able to use the APIs which are provided by the platform to create applications which includes video communication functionality in order to visually connect people anywhere from within the context of existing or new applications.
Vidyo.io is designed to be a developer enablement platform, and as such, beyond sample applications we do not provide any end-user client applications. If you are looking for our industry leading video collaboration technology packaged in a ready to use form, please check out vidyo.com.
Vidyo.io allows developers to write client applications written in the following languages on these platforms.
|OS||Web Browser||Microsoft Windows||Apple MacOS||Apple iOS||Android|
|Chipset||Intel||Intel||Intel||ARM||ARM or Intel|
Once the developer has added our libraries to their application code, the following capabilities are possible:
- Join a multi-party video and audio conference
- Control the composited video layout using simple building blocks
- Be told when participants join or leave the conference
- Select which devices and peripherals the client application should use to capture video, capture and emit audio.
- Send simple chat messages between conference participants
- Share desktop or application window representations with other participants
More detail about the exact operation of each API method is available in the API Reference guide. Sample code is also provided to illustrate how these features can be achieved using the provided API methods.
Please note, that some features may not be available yet on all platforms due to technical limitations. We continue to strive to bring all functionality to every operating system and hardware platform.
Vidyo’s technology seeks to provide the best possible quality video experience over challenging networks. However, video quality is directly related to network performance and, as the VidyoCloud service is delivered over the public Internet and recipients’ local networks, no guarantees can be made with regard to network performance or video experience.
Vidyo Endpoint Network Requirements
The network must meet the requirements indicated in the Specifications including the following standards:
- Full Duplex must be enabled on all network devices
- RTP latency in one direction between the end user and hosted application/equipment must be less than 150 ms
- RTP jitter must be less than 15 ms
- Network segments must not exceed a packet loss rate of three percent (3%)
- Network bandwidth must accommodate at least 256 kbps up and downstream from each endpoint
Operators of applications built on the Vidyo.io service must agree not to use the service for:
- Breaking any security or authentication methods use to protect the service
- Illegal activities, not limited to copyright infringement, unauthorized recording, fraud (including wire fraud) or spying.
- Reverse engineering the client libraries or service components in order to do anything other than that which is allowed by the public, documented APIs.
- Any purpose which is damaging to other users of the service, or any purpose which is libelous, defamatory or discriminatory.
- Violating any applicable law in the jurisdiction into which the operator permits their application to be deployed.
- Creating a false identity, or posing as some other person or entity.
Further Terms of Service for Vidyo Cloud services can be found here.
All determinations related to violations of this Acceptable Use Policy will be made by Vidyo in its sole discretion.
Vidyo utilizes industry standards for securing the VidyoCloud service. This includes encryption of data being transmitted. All media and signaling are encrypted between the Vidyo solution’s endpoints and within the VidyoCloud service. This includes the use of TLS and SRTP using AES 128-bit encryption.
Third-party H.323 and SIP endpoints can also connect via encrypted connections to the VidyoCloud service, provided the third-party endpoints support and enable compatible encryption.
Service and Support
Vidyo manages the cloud-based infrastructure. This includes providing product updates and fixes for the Vidyo.io service on a continuous basis if and when made available. Should any software upgrade or maintenance require downtime, Vidyo will provide notice to subscribers.
Vidyo reserves the right to schedule defined maintenance windows during which the service provided by Vidyo.io may be impacted. We will always seek to provide sufficient forward notice and minimize the downtime or reduced service. You will always be able to check the status of the service within the developer portal.
Software updates can include new features that add additional capability for the Vidyo.io service. These new features and capabilities may be provided as part of an existing subscription. However, Vidyo reserves the right to charge for additional features and capabilities.
Formal support requests can be made as described in our Service and Support Policy for Vidyo.io.
More details about our Service and Support can be found in the applicable Service and Support Policy for Vidyo.io.